B.A. Additional Economics 1st year for Quantitative Techniques
B.A. ADDITIONAL (ECONOMIC), YEAR – 1
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
- What are the applications of correlation?
- Differentiate between Correlation and Regression.
- What are the properties of Normal Probability Distribution?
- What is Standard Error?
- Explain errors in testing a hypothesis
- How interval estimate is different from point estimate?
- A firm has branch stores in cities A, B and C. A and B are 320 KM apart and C is 200 KM from each of them. A godown is to built equidistance from A and B. In order to minimize the time of transportation it should be located so that sum of distances from the godown to each of the cities is minimum. Where should the godown be built?
- The probability that a machine is correctly set up is 0.8. The chance that a defective item is produced when it is correctly setup is 0.7, where the corresponding probability when the machine is incorrectly set up is 0.6. When a sample of three items are selected from the production and are found to the defectives, what is the probability that the machine is incorrectly set up?
- The number of defects per unit in a sample of 330 units of a manufacturing product was found as follows:
- Number of defects 0 1 2 3 4
- Number of Units 214 92 20 3 1
Fit a Poisson Distribution and test the goodness of it.
Note: Above B.A. Economics 1st year for Quantitative Techniques has been prepared after reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether same or similar question papers pattern does your university has or not. We are just trying to help you by providing the possibilities. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with textbooks, teacher’s notes and the syllabus for better preparation of your coming examination.
All the Best!!