B.A. Fashion, Marketing and Promotion 1st year Sample Paper for Pattern Construction
BA FASHION, MARKETING & PROMOTION, SEMESTER –II, YEAR-1
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks: 60
- 1. Attempt 5 questions
- 2. Each question carries equal marks
Q.I Answer any four of the following:
- What is the Asymmetric front? Illustrate with a suitable diagram.
- What are tucks? Give its various types.
- Discuss various types of hems with diagrams.
- Give the six basic positions of darts with diagram.
- What is theBell– Bottom pants? Show with a sketch.
- What are fasteners? Explain with illustration wherever possible.
Q.2 Answer any two in detail:
- What are the various processes of controlling fullness in the garment? Explain any one in detail.
- Write short notes on any two of these: –
- Types of grades
- Factors, which help to judge a good-fit in garment.
- Commercial paper pattern
Q3. What is the purpose of grading? How is it beneficial to the pattern masters?
Q.4 Identify the fitting problem in the figure given below and suggest appropriate solution to overcome them on 1/4th scale. (Any two)
Q.5 (a). Construct a sample of Shaped facing on a square neckline. Use adult basic block for construction.
(b). Construct a sample of French seam.
Q.6 Make a sample (ready size 6” X 6”) of any one-hand stitch & any one-machine stitch.
- Hand Stitches: Catch stitch, Fagotting.
- Machine Stitches: Bias Bound seam, Self-Bound seam.
Q.7 What are the different parts of a Zipper? Stitch a sample showing Fly Front Zipper
Q.8 Make a sample of Kimono sleeve using adult basic bodice & sleeve blocks.
Q.9 Write short notes on any four:
- Types of Hems
- Lay Planning
- Types of Tucks
- Types of facings
- Cost sheet
- Parts of a sleeve.
Note: Above B.A. Fashion, Marketing and Promotion 1st year Sample Paper for Pattern Construction has been prepared after reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether same or similar question papers pattern does your university has or not. We are just trying to help you by providing the possibilities. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with textbooks, teacher’s notes and the syllabus for better preparation of your coming examination.
All the Best!!