B.SC HOTEL MANAGEMENT Sample Paper of FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT 5th Semester
TERM END EXAMINATIONS
B.SC IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT, SEMESTER –V, YEAR-3
FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks 60
- 1. Attempt any five questions
- 2. Each question carries equal marks
I. Write notes on any FOUR
(a) Quick service restaurant
(b) Name 5 chain restaurants of the world.
(c) Types of bars
(d) Hospital catering
(e) Industrial catering service
II. You are responsible for a 100 cover Indian Restaurant. How will you plan a kitchen? Prepare a list of equipment mentioning their size, purpose of installing and layout.
III. (a) Discuss the management process.
(b) What resources does a food and beverage service manager have?
IV. (a) What is feasibility study? What functions are common to these studies?
(b) How demand is estimated?
V. Write notes on any FOUR
(a) guest profile research
(b) competition analysis
(c) internal selling
(d) external selling
(e) sales promotion
VI. (a) How does each of six basic nutrients contribute to a person’s health and well
(b) Discuss food guide pyramid.
Write notes on
a) Conserving nutrition during food production
b) Recommended dietary allowances
c) Competition and pricing
d) Standard recipes
VII. Highlight and discuss about any FOUR
a) Nutrition concern in storing
b) Menu balances
c) Purchase order
d) Standard food cost
e) Factors in selection of food service equipments
VIII. Discuss any FOUR
(a) suggestive selling
(b) leavening agent
(c) reducing inventory cost
(d) food born illness
(e) cyclical menu
IX. Explain any TEN :
(a) self service restaurant
(b) take away operations
(c) contract catering
(d) service bar
(e) guest comment card
(f) a la carte
(g) ethnic menu
(h) California menu
(i) Portion cost
(j) Chaining recipes
(k) Call brand
(l) First in first out
(m) Family style service
(n) Physical inventory
1. You can save above FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT – B.SC Hotel Management Sample Paper in MS Word on your computer for future use and printing purpose.
2. Above Sample paper of B.SC Hotel Management has been created to help students of BCA first semester preparing for the exam of FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT.
3. The above sample paper doesn’t ensure that the same or similar type of question will come in you exam. It may come or not. It depends on your university. We are just trying to help by providing the possibilities.
4. We personally recommend you to go thoroughly with your syllabus of B.SC Hotel Management, text book questions and concepts to get better marks.
Good Luck for Your Upcoming B.SC Hotel Management Examination…