B.Sc PCM Sample Paper for 3rd Year – Fundamentals of Inorganic Chemistry-III
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (PCM), YEAR –3
FUNDAMENTALS OF INORGANIC CHEMISTRY-III
Time: 3 hours M.Marks:60
Note: – Attempt any 5 questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. Define Hard and Soft acids and base and give their main characteristics.
- 2. How do you correlate electronegativity and hardness in term of Parr and Peauson definition?
- 3. Discuss the crystal field splitting of d-orditals in case of square planar complexes.
- 4. Calculate the CFSE for the following system.
1) d1 octagonal 2) d5 Low spin octagonal
3) d5 tetrahedral 4) d1 tetrahedral.
- 5. What are the types of hydrogen bond?
- 6. How chromium is extracteel and purified. Give all chemical equations involved in the extraction of chromium.
- 7. Name the various categories of organ metallic compounds. Discuss any one with examples.
- 8. Give a general approach to synthesis of inorganic polymers.
- 9. What are first aid treatments for accidents in laboratory?
Note: Above B.Sc PCM Sample Paper for 3rd Year – Fundamentals of Inorganic Chemistry-III has been prepared after reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether same or similar question papers pattern does your university has or not. We are just trying to help you by providing the possibilities. It is advisable to go thoroughly textbooks, teacher’s notes according to your syllabus for better preparation for your coming examination.
All the Best for your examination!!!