Consumer Behavior Sample Paper for MBA Marketing 2nd Semester
EXE MBA (MARKETING), SEMESTER –II, YEAR 1
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Answer the following questions (any three):
1. Explain Weber’s law. How could you apply your understanding of differential threshold in your marketing tactics?
2. Explain Gestalt psychology. Discuss the three most basic principles of perceptual organization with their marketing applications.
3. Explain the principles of (a) classical conditioning theory and (b) instrumental conditioning theory. How can they be applied to the development of marketing strategies?
4. Would a consumer be more likely to follow a central route or a peripheral route to persuasion when deciding what type of personal computer to buy? Why? Explain how a marketer might use your answer to construct an effective ad for a personal computer?
5. Briefly model, how a consumer of the following products would buy them: (a) car (b) salt. Discuss using the concept of decision-making.
6. ‘Consumer behaviour as a field of study examines both direct and indirect influences on consumption decisions’. Discuss. Also, highlight the importance of understanding consumer behaviour for developing marketing strategies.
2. Write notes on:
(a) Opinion Leadership
(b) Projective testing
(c) Elaboration Likelihood Model
3. Refer to the following table which summarizes the important (with 7 indicating the greatest
importance) of salient attributes and the corresponding brand performance ratings in
answering the questions which follow:
|Attribute||Importance||Brand A||Brand B||Brand C||Brand D|
(i) The lexicographic decision rule would lead to choosing:
(a) only brand A (b) only brand B (c) only brand C (d) only brand D (e) none of the above
(ii) The elimination-by-aspects decision rule with a cutoff point of +3 for each attribute would
lead to choosing:
(a) only brand B (b) only brand C (c) only brand D (d) either brand C or brand D (e) none of the above
(iii) A conjunctive decision rule with a cutoff point of +1 for each attribute would lead to
(a) only brand A (b) only brand C (c) only brand D (d) either brand A, brand C, or brand D (e) none of the above
4. What is consumer behaviour? What is the difference between organizational buying and consumer buying?
5. Define market? What do you understand by market segmentation? What is the criterion for
6. Explain perception and its key elements?
7. Describe the Elaboration likelihood Model?
8. Define personality. Explain neo-Freudian personality theory and trait theory?
9. Define Involvement theory?
Note: Above sample paper of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 2nd year has been prepared after reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether same or similar question papers pattern does your university has or not. We are just trying to help you by providing the possibilities. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with textbooks, teacher’s notes and the syllabus for better preparation of your coming examination.
All the Best!!