Diploma in Civil Engineering 3rd year Sample Paper of Civil Engineering Drawing IV
DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING, SEMESTER-VI, YEAR-3
CIVIL ENGINEERING DRAWING IV
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks
- Draw a shape of the truss and the design data with the size of the members and the connections. Assume the required data
- How can we calculate the quantity of steel for the truss? Discuss with the help of example.
- What are Steel connections? What is its significance in civil engineering?
- How can we weld all unstiffened Beam to beam connections? Explain with diagram. Assume the required data
- Prepare a working drawing of the following for a riveted steel roof truss resting on a masonry wall :
c) details of joints as ridge
- What is column base connection? Give the details of column splices connections of a steel bracket with flange of a column.
- Prepare a detailed drawing showing plan and elevation for a riveted plate girder. Assume the required data.
- Explain the following:
a) supports and connections of stiffeners
b) flange angles
c) cover plates
e) riveted plate girder
NOTE: Above sample paper for Diploma in Civil Engineering 3rd year of Civil Engineering Drawing-IV has been created after reviewing various universities question papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, teachers’ notes etc. for better results.
We wish you best of luck for upcoming examinations.