Download Sample Papers of M.Sc Chemistry of Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry
Sample Papers of M.Sc Chemistry of Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry
TERM END EXAMINATIONS
MASTER OF SCIENCE CHEMISTRY, YEAR-1
FUNDAMENTALS OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Discuss the synthesis, properties and applications of epoxy resins and polyurethanes.
2. State Hofmann and Saytzeff rules and illustrate each rule with an example.
3. Illustrate with suitable examples, the formation of cis and trans diols from olefins.
4. Distinguish between the following pairs, giving examples:
a) Asymmetric and dissymmetric molec ules.
b) Enantiotopic and diasterotopic hydrogen’s.
c) Enantiomers and diasteromers.
5. Write notes on the following:
a) Barton reaction
b) Paterno-Buchi reaction
6. Discuss the carboxy end and amino end group analysis of proteins.
7. Explain the terms chromophore and auxochrome with examples. Discuss the quinonoid theory for colour and constitution of dyes.
8. State and explain Huckel rule of aromaticity. Write a short note on hyper conjugation.
9. Explain the following with examples wherever possible:
1) Walden inversion
2) Diastereoselective synthesis
3) Enantiomeric excess
- You can save above sample paper for M.Sc Chemistry for future use or for printing purpose.
- Above sample paper is for Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry of M.Sc Chemistry
- We have created this sample paper for M.Sc Chemistry after reviewing few universities question paper. We are not sure that same or similar will be your M.Sc examination question pattern. We also do not ensure you that same or similar question paper will come in your M.Sc Examination of Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry.
- For Better marks and result in your examination we always suggest you go thoroughly with the syllabus and notes of your teacher.
All the Best For your coming Examination of M.sc Chemistry.