Fermentation Technology Sample Paper for M.Sc Microbiology 4th Semester
M.SC. MICROBIOLOGY, SEMESTER-IV, YEAR –2
Time: 3 hours M.Marks:60
Note: – Attempt any 5 questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. Write a detailed note on fermentation technology
- 2. Describe the morphology and ultra structure of chromosomes.
- 3. Write short notes on – (Any three)
(c) Lampbrush chromosomes
- 4. Give an account of regulation of gene expression in Prokaryotes.
- 5. Write short notes on – (Any two)
(b) Introns and its significance
(c) Cytoplasmic male sterility
6. Describe the molecular basis of gene mutation.
Write short notes on – (Any two)
(a) DNA damage and repair
(b) Proto oncogenes and oncogenes
(c) Transposable elements in Prokaryotes
7. Write an essay on recombination.
8. Write short notes on – (Any two)
(a) Independent assortment and crossing over
(b) Linkage groups
(c) Effects of aneuploidy on phenotype in plants
9. Give detail account of heterosis and exploitation of hybrid vigour.
Note : Above sample paper for fermentation technology of M.Sc microbiology, we have created after reviewing few universities sample papers. Your university may or may not have the similar question pattern. We are just trying to help you by the possible questions that may appear in your examination of fermentation technology of M.Sc Microbiology. We suggest you to go thoroughly with the text book, syllabus and your teachers note.