How to find any term from last in a Arithmetic Sequences
How to find any term from last in a Arithmetic Sequences (Arithmetic Progression)
In the derivation lesson of nth term of Arithmetic progression or general term of arithmetic progression we learnt two formulas.
1. Finding any nth term from first term – nth term = a + (n-1). d
2. Finding any term from last term- nth term = l – (n – 1).d
Now in this video we are going to learn to find any term using the nth term formula from last I mean the second case.
If we are given the last term (l), common difference (d) and the term number (n) then we can easily find any term number from last of the arithmetic progression.
I hope you already sit with the pen and notebook.
So let’s begin the lesson…
How was it friend?
Its simple and few steps, am I right?
Steps to find the nth term of Arithmetic Progression
1. Write all the given information i.e. last term, term number and common difference
2. Put them all in the formula nth term = last term – (term number -1). Common difference
3. You will get a equation with one variable n.
4. Solve the equation and get the value of n that is your required term number.
I hope now you understand to find the term using nth term formula of arithmetic sequence.
Here I have listed few similar problems related to nth term of arithmetic progression using last term, try to solve them .It really makes you strong in the topic.
Q1. Find the 8th term from end of the arithmetic progression 7, 10, 13, ………………184? (Answer = 163)