MBA Sample Paper for Research Methodology & Quantitative Techniqes-1st Semester
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, SEMESTER/YEAR – I
RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND QUANTITATIVE TECHNIQUES
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
- You are the new manager of market intelligence in a rapidly expanding soft-ware firm. Many product managers and corporate officers have requested market surveys from you on various products. Design a form for a research proposal that can be completed easy by your research staff and the sponsoring manager. Discuss how your form improves communication of the re-search objectives between the manager and the researcher.
- What do you mean by the term survey? Compare the advantages of experiment with advantages of survey and observational methods.
- What are consumer panels? Mention the benefits of Continuous Consumer Panels.
- Draw a histogram and frequency polygon from the following data:
Marks No. of Students Marks No. of Students
0-10 450 50-60 14
10-20 6 60-70 8
20-40 14 70-90 16
40-50 16 90-100 5
5. Find the standard deviation from the following data:
Age under: 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80
No. of persons dying: 15 30 53 75 100 110 115 125
- How do you Calculate Probability? Explain the Theorems of Probability
- What are the five-step processes for hypothesis testing using the standardized scale? Explain them with the help of an example.
- Calculate the coefficient of correlation between X and Y from the following data. Assume 69 and 112 as the mean value for X and Y respectively.
X: 78 89 99 60 59 79 68 61
Y: 125 137 156 112 107 136 123 108
9. From the following data obtain the two regression equations:
X 6 2 10 4 8
Y 9 11 5 8 7
Note: Above MBA Sample paper for Research Methodology & Quantitative Techniques has been prepared after reviewing few universities question papers. We hope this sample paper for MBA will definitely help you to prepare for your next coming examination of MBA. We are not sure that same question will come in your exam but we want to suggest go thoroughly with your books, notes and professors notes..and take this sample paper as a help note…All the best for upcoming MBA exam.