Model Questions for B.Sc (PCB) 3rd Year of Organic Chemistry-III
B.Sc (PCB) is a 3 year course conducted by various universities. B.Sc (PCB) course is done after the completion of the basic schooling. Following Old question paper for B.Sc (PCB) 3rd year is an example of model question paper. This model question paper of (PCB) is of 60 marks. There are 8 questions being asked but you have to attempt any 5 of them and each of the questions in this B.Sc (PCB) question paper carries 12 marks. The maximum time allowed to finish this B.Sc (PCB) model question paper is 3 hours.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (PBC) , 3 YEAR
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY – III
Time -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: – Attempt any 5 Questions.
All Questions Carry Equal Marks.
1. a) Explain tetrahedral and trigonal hybridization.
b) Explain the following terms
(i) Bond length (ii) Bond angle. (iii) Dipole movement. (iv) Hydrogen bonding.
2. a) Define isomerism and list different types of isomerism with examples.
b) Explain the stabilities of cycloalkanes using bayer’s strain theory .
(i) 2, 2, 4- trimethyl pentane (ii) Ethyl ethanoate
3. a) Explain Friedel-Crafts alkylation and Friedel-Crafts acylation reactions of benzene.
b) Explain the electrophilic substitution reactions of naphthalene.
4. Define nucleophilic substitution reaction and explain reaction mechanism of SN1
and SN2 reaction.
5. a) Describe Zeisel method and give its significance.
b) Define rearrangement reaction and explain Fries rearrangement reaction.
6. a) Give an comprehensive account on oxidative reactions of carbonyl compounds.
b) Explain the following reaction with its mechanism
i) Clemmensen reduction (ii) Wolff- kishner reduction.
7. a) Explain Hell- Volhard- Zelinsky reaction.
b) Explain about Hofmann’s degradation of amides.
8. a) Explain about Hinsberg method of amine separation.
b) Explain the following reactions
i) Sandmeyer reaction (ii) Gattermann reaction (iii)Gabriel’s phthalamide synthesis.
Note: Above Sample Paper for B.Sc (PCB) has been prepared by reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, professor’s note & syllabus. Wish you a very good luck for your upcoming examination of B.Sc (PCB) 3rd Year.