Model Questions for B.Sc (PCB) 3rd Year of Solid State Physics and Devices
B.Sc (PCB) is a 3 year course conducted by various universities. B.Sc (PCB) course is done after the completion of the basic schooling. Following Old question paper for B.Sc (PCB) 3rd year is an example of model question paper. This model question paper of (PCB) is of 60 marks. There are 9 questions being asked but you have to attempt any 5 of them and each of the questions in this B.Sc (PCB) question paper carries 12 marks. The maximum time allowed to finish this B.Sc (PCB) model question paper is 3 hours.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (PCB), 3 YEAR
SOLID STATE PHYSICS AND DEVICES
Time -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: – Attempt any five questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. Discuss briefly the velocity-electric field characteristics in an n-GaAs material. What is Gunn Effect? Mention its different modes of operation
2. With the aid of energy bands, describe the operation of a n-p-n junction transistor. How is the voltage amplification obtained with such a junction?
3. Compare the performance characteristics of a p-i-n photodiode & a p-n photodiode. Distinguish between the internal & external quantum efficiency of a photodiode.
4. Discuss the steps needed for an X-band GaAs MESFET low noise amplifier using S-parameter technique mentioning the implementation scheme for the input and output matching networks. Indicate also the steps required for the prevention of high frequency oscillation effect.
5. Discuss the effect of concentrated sunlight on the efficiency versus band gap energy of a solar cell.
6. Explain the operation of a LED. Discuss briefly the internal quantum efficiency of an LED. Draw the structures of GaAs1-x Px red LED. Mention some optical applications of LED.
7. Discuss the problems connected with the biasing of a tunnel diode and their solution. Illustrate the discussion with a practical tunnel-diode circuit.
8. Obtain an expression for the Local field that is responsible for polarizing atoms or molecules of a substance.
9. Write short notes on any TWO:-
(i) Capacitance voltage characteristics of a MOS capacitor.
(ii) Fabrication of a silicon IMPATT diode.
(iii) Gunn oscillator.
Note: Above Sample Paper for B.Sc (PCB)has been prepared by reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, professor’s note & syllabus. Wish you a very good luck for your upcoming examination of B.Sc (PCB)3rd Year.