Sample Paper for B.Sc Biotechnology 3rd Year In Agriculture and Health
B.Sc Biotechnology is a 3 year course conducted by various universities. B.Sc Biotechnology course is done after the completion of the basic schooling. Following Old question paper for B.Sc Biotechnology 3rd year is an example of model question paper. This model question paper of B.Sc Biotechnology is of 60 marks. There are 9 questions being asking but you have to attempt any 5 of them and each of the questions in this B.Sc Biotechnology question paper carries 12 marks. The maximum time allowed to finish this B.Sc Biotechnology model question paper is 3 hours.
B.SC. BIOTECHNOLOGY 5SEM/3YEAR
BIOTECHNOLOGY IN AGRICULTURE AND HEALTH
Time: 3 hours M.Marks:60Note: – Attempt any 5 questions. All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. Write short note on:
a. )Molecular markers (b) RFLP (c) QTL d. AFLP (e) Green house & green home technology
- 2. Write a detailed note on Production of secondary metabolites in vitro, metabolic engineering for large-scale production of plant based drugs.
- 3. Discuss the application of animal cell culture, organ culture, cell cloning & micromanipulation.
- 4. Write short note on:
- Hybridism & monoclonal
- tissue engineering
- Vaccines – Principles & practice
- Diagnostic technology – PCR, RFLP
- Biosensors – Principles & applications
- 5. What is Plant Tissue Culture? What is the significance and scope of Micro propagation technology in agriculture and health sector?
- 6. Explain the concept of Cry preservation, slow growth & DNA banking of germplasm, cybrids & hybrids.
- 7. What is Plant transformation? What are the methodologies of gene transfer in plants?
- 8. What is the Application of plant transformation for selection of desirable phenotypes? Discuss briefly.
- 9. What are transgenic plants? What are genetically modified crops? Also explain the concept of GM food? What are its ethical & social aspects?
Note: Above Sample Paper for B.Sc Biotechnology has been prepared by reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, professor’s note & syllabus. Wish you a very good luck for your upcoming examination of B.Sc Biotechnology 3rd Year.