Sample Paper for B.Sc Biotechnology 3rd Year In Large Scale Manufacturing Process
B.Sc Biotechnology is a 3 year course conducted by various universities. B.Sc Biotechnology course is done after the completion of the basic schooling. Following Old question paper for B.Sc Biotechnology 3rd year is an example of model question paper. This model question paper of B.Sc Biotechnology is of 60 marks. There are 9 questions being asking but you have to attempt any 5 of them and each of the questions in this B.Sc Biotechnology question paper carries 12 marks. The maximum time allowed to finish this B.Sc Biotechnology model question paper is 3 hours.
B.SC. BIOTECHNOLOGY, 5 SEM/3 YEARS
LARGE SCALE MANUFACTURING PROCESS
Time -3 Hours Max Marks: 60 Note: – Attempt any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
- What are Fermenters and Bioreactors? Explain the construction, design & operation materials of constructions, welding, surface treatment, components & their specifications used in Fermenters and Bio reactors
- What is Air & Media sterilization? What are the various principles of air sterilization?
- What are the various types of Bioprocesses? Also add a note on Bio transformation
- What is Enzyme & cell immobilization? What are the properties of enzymes to be immobilized?
- What are the measurement & control of bio processes parameters? What are the strategies used for fermentation control? Discuss them in detail.
- Write short note on:
a. Quality Control b. Quality assurance
c. Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) d. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
7. What is product recovery? Also explain the concept of down stream processing in fermentation & bioprocess technology
8. Discuss the Industrial processes in detail. Write the applications and description of manufacture of:
a. Enzymes (Lipase, Protease & Nucleates), b. Antibiotics c. Amino acids
d. Vitamins, e. Vaccines (FMD, DTP, New Castle Disease),
f. Single cell protein (Methanolic Yeast, Spirulina).
9. Define Bioprocesses engineering. Give an overview of Bioprocesses with their various components Scales of operation & their global impact on Bioprocesses.
Note: Above Sample Paper for B.Sc Biotechnology has been prepared by reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, professor’s note & syllabus. Wish you a very good luck for your upcoming examination of B.Sc Biotechnology 3rd Year.