Sample Paper for B.Sc Botany for 3rd year Economic Botany
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BOTANY), YEAR-3
Time: 3 hours M.Marks:60
Note: – Attempt any 5 questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. Explain the method of extraction and processing of rubber from Hevea and its uses.
- 2. What are Cereals? Describe the source, method of cultivation and uses of any 2 cereals you have studied.
- 3. Describe the development of processing, extraction and uses of surface fibers.
- 4. Describe the raw materials, pattern of cultivation, and resource availability of pulp in the paper industry.
- 5. Write an essay on the different types of starch and lemon grass oil.
- 6. What are laxatives? How will you prepare the alkaloids? What are the uses of it?
- 7. What are carminatives? Describe the source, constituents, organoleptic characters and uses of any two carminatives you have studied
- 8. What is meant by indigenous system of medicine? Explain.
Note: Above Sample Paper for B.Sc Botany for 3rd year Economic Botany has been prepared after reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether same or similar question papers pattern does your university has or not. We are just trying to help you by providing the possibilities. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with textbooks, teacher’s notes and the syllabus for better preparation of your coming examination.
All the Best!!