Sample Paper for B.Sc Chemistry for 3rd year Quantum Theory & Chemical Industries
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (CHEMISTRY), YEAR – 3
QUANTUM THEORY BONDING AND CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks
- 1. What is De Broglie’s equation? Write a brief description of Schrodinger wave equation and its application to the hydrogen atom.
- 2. Discuss the M.O. Theory in detail. what are Localized and Delocalized Molecular Orbits
- 3. What do you mean by chemical bonds? What are the various types of chemical bonds?
- 4. Write a detailed note on Development of Periodic Law. What is the significance of periodic law?
- 5. Write short note on:
- Ionization potentials
- Effective nuclear charge
- Electrode potentials
- Electro-Chemical series.
- 6. Discuss the law of mass action and its Application to the formation of ammonia and decomposition of calcium carbonate.
- 7. Define the following with special reference to their classification, Nomenclature. Important reactions and functions. :
- Amino acids
- 8. Discuss the Metallurgies of: Aluminum, Copper, Iron and Steel.
- 9. Discuss the following role of chemical Industries:
a. Sodium Carbonate
b. Ammonia, Nitric Acid
c. Sulphuric Acid
Note: Above Sample Paper for B.Sc Chemistry for 3rd year Quantum Theory & Chemical Industries has been prepared after reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether same or similar question papers pattern does your university has or not. We are just trying to help you by providing the possibilities. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with textbooks, teacher’s notes and the syllabus for better preparation of your coming examination.
All the Best!!