Sample Paper for B.Sc Computer Science 3rd Year for System Software
B.Sc Computer Science is a 3 year course conducted by various universities. B.Sc Computer Science course is done after the completion of the basic schooling. Following Old question paper for B.Sc Computer Science 3rd year is an example of model question paper. This model question paper of B.Sc Computer Science is of 60 marks. There are 9 questions being asking but you have to attempt any 5 of them and each of the questions in this B.Sc Computer Science question paper carries 12 marks. The maximum time allowed to finish this B.Sc Computer Science model question paper is 3 hours.
B. SC. IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, 5 SEM/3 YEARS
Time -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: – Attempt any five questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
- Define Operating System. Explain the functions carried out by an Operating system.
- What is the difference between Assembly language and machine language? How does High-level language differ from an Assembly language?
- Define Browser. Explain various types of browsers in brief.
- Consider the following set of processes
Process Burst time
a) Draw the Gantt charts illustrating the execution of these processes using FCFS, SJF scheduling.
b) What is the waiting time for each process for each scheduling algorithm?
c) Calculate the average waiting time for each scheduling.
- 5. What is time slice? In a time sharing system, explain how each and every user feels that he is the sole user of the computer system
- 6. What is security? Explain the categories of security threats. Also state the security policies.
- 7. Explain with diagram the Process Control Block (PCB)
- 8. What is Mono programming and Multi programming? State the difference between the two, with the help of an example.
- 9. Write short note on any TWO
i. Access rights ii. Preemptive and non preemptive scheduling.
iii. Distributed processing iv. System calls
Note: Above Sample Paper for B.Sc Computer Science has been prepared by reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, professor’s note & syllabus. Wish you a very good luck for your upcoming examination of B.Sc Computer Science 3rd Year.