Sample Paper for B.Sc Computer Science for 3rd year for System Software
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science commonly known as B.Sc Computer Science is 3 year course conducted by various universities. B.Sc Computer Science course is done after the completion of the school. For B.Sc Computer Science course science stream students are eligible In master’s level B.Sc turns into M.Sc. Master Level.
Following Old question paper for B.Sc Computer Science 3rd year is an example of model question paper. This model question paper of B.Sc Computer Science is of 60 marks. There are 9 questions being asking but you have to attempt any 5 of them and each of the questions in this B.Sc Computer Science question paper carries 12 marks. The maximum time allowed to finish this B.Sc Computer Science model question paper is 3 hours.
B.Sc Computer Science
BACHOLAR OF SCIENCE (COMPUTER SCIENCE), SEMESTER-V, YEAR -3
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks: 60
1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. Each question carries equal marks
1. Answer the following:-
(a) Differentiate between static and dynamic linking. Define system calls. Explain the utility of system calls in an O.S.
(b) Define Operating System. Explain the functions carried out by an Operating system.
2. Answer the following: –
a) Contrast contiguous and non- contiguous memory management schemes?
b) State the difference between 3rd generation languages and 4th generation languages.
3. (a) What is 2 Pass Assembler? List Work done in both passes of Assembling?
(b) How does High-level language differ from an Assembly language?
4. Write short notes on:
b) Preempptive scheduling
c) Code Optimization
5. a) What are Sockets? Explain briefly
b) What is API? Explain any one API function in brief
6. a) Explain with diagram the Process Control Block (PCB).
b) What is time slice? In a time sharing system, explain how each and every user feels that he is the sole user of the computer system
7. What is paging. Consider the following page reference string
How many hits and miss would occur for the following replacement algorithm assuming 3 frames for
(i) FIFO replacement
(ii) LRU replacement
8. What are Assembler Algorithm and Data Structure? What is the use of simple SIC assembler?
9. Describe and draw the structure of UNIX operating system. Also explain the Directory structure of Unix Operating system
• You can save above Sample Paper for B.Sc Computer Science for 3rd year for System Software by selecting the questions and pasting it into a new Microsoft Word Document.
• Above Sample Paper for B.Sc Computer Science for 3rd year for System Software, have been created after reviewing few universities old question papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. If you would like, you can give us feedback about it, we will be happier.
• We are just trying to provide you few possible questions for your examination for B.Sc Computer Science for 3rd year for System Software
• Wish you a very good luck for you upcoming exam for B.Sc Computer Science for 3rd year for System Software