Sample Paper for B.Sc Information Technology 3rd Year In Data Warehousing and Data Mining
B.Sc Information Technology is a 3 year course conducted by various universities. B.Sc Information Technology course is done after the completion of the basic schooling. Following Old question paper for B.Sc Information Technology 3rd year is an example of model question paper. This model question paper of B.Sc Information Technology is of 60 marks. There are 9 questions being asking but you have to attempt any 5 of them and each of the questions in this B.Sc Information Technology question paper carries 12 marks. The maximum time allowed to finish this B.Sc Information Technology model question paper is 3 hours.
B.SC. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, 6SEM/3 YEAR
DATA WAREHOUSING AND DATA MINING
Time: 3 hours M.Marks:60
Note: – Attempt any 5 questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. (a) What do you understand by data warehouse? What are the characteristics of Data arehousing?
(b) List some advantages of data warehouse?
2. Explain structure of the data warehouse? Discuss in detail all the steps involved in making a data warehouse?
3. (a) Explain OLTP and OLAP and also discuss differences between them?
(b) It is always said that the data warehouse should be built separate. Justify?
4. (a) Draw and explain any two models of data warehouse?
(b) What should be the important considerations for building a data warehouse project including business, design, technical and implementation considerations?\
5. Explain the following terms;
(a).Project Estimation (b).Analyzing Probability and Risk (c).Managing Risk
(d).Return on Investment
6. (a) What is Data mining (DM)? Define and describe relationship and patterns detected in data mining. What is the scope of data mining?
(b) Differentiate between nearest neighbor and clustering techniques.
7. Explain the following stages used in data preprocessing for data mining
(a).Data selection ,(b).Data cleaning (c).Date reduction (d).Data enrichment
8. Explain MOLAP and ROLAP? Explain some OLAP operations in the multidimensional data model with the diagram and an example.
9. What do you understand by data mining? Explain some of the techniques used for data mining.
Note: Above Sample Paper for B.Sc Information Technology has been prepared by reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, professor’s note & syllabus. Wish you a very good luck for your upcoming examination of B.Sc Information Technology 3rd Year.