Sample Paper for B.Sc PCM 3rd year for Fundamentals of Physical Chemistry III
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (PCM), YEAR –3
FUNDAMENTALS OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY-III
Time: 3 hours M.Marks:60
Note: – Attempt any 5 questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. Derive Clausius Clapeyron equation and explain its applications to different phase changes.
- 2. Write the expression for the rotational of a diatomic molecule, taking it as a rigid rotator. Draw the rotational energy level diagram for such a molecule.
- 3. What type of potential energy curve is obtained for a simple hormonic oscillator and why?
- 4. What is Roman spectrum? Name the different types of lines present in it and explain the reasons for observing these lines.
- 5. Calculate the pH of the cell solution if the emf developed on hydrogen electrode is 0.2364 V.
- 6. State and Explain Growthus – Draper’s Law.
- 7. Briefly explain the terms ‘optical activity’ and specific rotation’.
- 8. State and explain Raoult’s Law for volatile solute and non-volatile solute.
- 9. Write short notes on
Note: Above sample paper of Sample Paper for B.Sc in PCM 3rd year for Fundamentals of Physical Chemistry III has been prepared after reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether same or similar question papers pattern does your university has or not. We are just trying to help you by providing the possibilities. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with textbooks, teacher’s notes and the syllabus for better preparation of your coming examination.
All the Best!!