Diploma in Diploma in Civil Engineering is 3 year course conducted by various universities. Diploma in Diploma in Civil Engineering course is done after the completion of the basic schooling. Following Old question paper for Diploma in Civil Engineering 2nd year is an example of model question paper. This model question paper of Diploma in Civil Engineering is of 60 marks. There are 9 questions being asking but you have to attempt any 5 of them and each of the questions in this Diploma in Civil Engineering question paper carries 12 marks. The maximum time allowed to finish this Diploma in Civil Engineering model question paper is 3 hours.
DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING SEMESTER-III, YEAR-2
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. Define the following terms :
- Newtonian fluids
- Non – Newtonian fluids
- Thixotropic fluids
- Ideal fluids
- Real fluids
- 2. Derive an expression for discharge through a large rectangular orifice.
- 3. What is equivalent pipe? Derive a formula for equivalent size of a compound pipe.
- 4. A trapezoidal channel has side slope of 3H: 4V and slope of its bed is 1 in 2000, Determine the optimum dimensions of the channel, if it is to carry water at 0.5 m3/s. Take c= 80.
- 5. What is a hydraulic system? What are its types? Name any five hydraulic devices and explain them.
- 6. A hydraulic press has a ram of 200 mm diameter and a plunger of 30 mm diameter. What force will be required to be applied on the plunger in order to lift a load of 3 KN?
- 7. What is surface tension? Explain the phenomenon of surface tension.
- 8. Explain how would you find the total pressure on an inclined plane surface submerged in liquid and locate the position of center of pressure.
- 9. Water at an altitude of 36 m above sea level has a velocity of 18 m/s and a pressure of 0.4 N/mm2. Determine the total head of water reckoned above sea level.
Note: Above Sample Paper for Diploma in Civil Engineering has been prepared by reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, professor’s note & syllabus. Wish you a very good luck for your upcoming examination of Diploma in Civil Engineering for 2nd year