Sample Paper for Diploma in Electrical Engineering 2nd year of Power System Engineering
DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, SEMESTER: IV, YEAR-2
POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
- What is the need for system analysis in planning and operation of power system? Briefly discuss.
- How are the base values chosen in per unit representation of a power system? Discuss.
- Draw the equivalent circuit of a transformer with off-nominal tap ratio t and admittance y.
- Define and explain bus incidence matrix.
- Discuss the two objectives of short circuit analysis.
- Draw the zero sequence network of a star connected generator with zero sequence impedance Zgo when the neutral is grounded through an impedance Zn.
- What are the three classes of buses of a power system used in power flow analysis? What are the quantities to be specified and to be computed for each class during power flow solution?
- Explain the modeling of Generator, Load and Transmission line for short circuit, power flow and stability studies.
- Write the power-angle equation of a synchronous machine connected to an infinite bus and also the expression for maximum power transferable to the bus.
NOTE: Above sample paper for Diploma in Electrical Engineering 3rd year of Microprocessors has been created after reviewing various universities question papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, teachers’ notes etc. for better results.
We wish you best of luck for upcoming examinations.