Sample Paper for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering for 3rd year in Electrical Engineering Drawing
Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering is 3 year course conducted by various universities. Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering course is done after the completion of the basic schooling. Following Old question paper for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering 3rd year is an example of model question paper. This model question paper of Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering is of 60 marks. There are 9 questions being asking but you have to attempt any 5 of them and each of the questions in this Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering question paper carries 12 marks. The maximum time allowed to finish this Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering model question paper is 3 hours.
Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SEMESTER-V, YEAR-3
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DRAWING
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. Calculate the size of the conductor for power and lighting circuit from meter to main distribution board having two light/ fan circuits of 800 watts each and two 15 Amp. Circuits of 1000 watts each. The distance falls within permissible no voltage drop.
- 2. There are four lights / power sub circuits in an installation of house wiring. One of them is a sub circuit for 15 ampere socket. Draw the single line diagram showing cut-out, meter, main switch, main distribution board and other equipment. Make your own assumption for number of electrical points in each sub circuit and find out the rating of main switch and distribution board.
- 3. What is meant by an electrical accident? What action is required after attending to the patient?
- 4. What us Earth Electrode? How many are required for any installation?
- 5. What are Isolators? Explain in detail the working of isolators with earth switch
- 6. Draw the layout of the electric connection from the supplier’s pole to the consumer’s sub distribution board. The consumer’s load consists of 3 lights and fan sub circuits and two power sub circuits (15 ampers sockets). Only a single phase connection is required for above load. The pole is 20 meters away from the building.
- 7. A three phase induction motor is to be started and stopped direct on line with the help of two push buttons. The motor starts when ‘S’ or START push button is pressed. The motor stops When ‘O’ or STOP push button is pressed. Provide overload and short circuit protection to the motor and draw the control circuit and complete wiring diagram.
- 8. What is Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB)? Explain the working of various components used in the MCB.
- 9. What are H.R.C (High Rupturing Capacity) fuse units? Discuss the various advantages and disadvantages.
Note: Above Sample Paper for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering for 2nd year has been prepared by reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, professor’s note & syllabus. Wish you a very good luck for your upcoming examination for Electronics & Communication Engineering 3rd year.