Sample Paper for Diploma in Graphic & Multimedia Design of Design & Print Media 1st Semester
Sample Paper for Diploma in Graphic & Multimedia Design
TERM END EXAMINATIONS
DIPLOMA IN GRAPHIC & MULTIMEDIA DESIGN, SEMESTER/YEAR – I
DESIGN FOR PRINT MEDIA
Duration -3 Hrs Max Marks: 60
1. Attempt all the questions
2. Each question carries equal marks.
1. Write short notes on any FOUR of the following: –
a. Primary colours
b. Make up
d. Letter press
f. Colour harmony
2. Write short notes on any FOUR of the following:
b. White space
d. Photo cropping
f. Info graphics
3. Write a brief note on elements of design.
4. What do you mean by Pre-Press production?
5. Give a brief note on various graphic file formats.
6. “Design is thinking made visual.”- Express you views on this statement
7. What are the elements of magazine design?
8. Distinguish between online editing from off line editing
9. Attempt any TWO of the following: –
a. Define Compressor, Frame Rate, and Pixel Aspect Ratio
b. Explain the significance of colour theory in designing.
c. A new drinks company has been set up to manufacture a soft drink called ‘Cool’. This product is aimed at teenagers. Produce two rough ideas for a logo, to be printed on the bottle label.