Sample Paper for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for 3rd year Power Plant Engineering
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is 3 year course conducted by various universities. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course is done after the completion of the basic schooling. For Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course science stream students are eligible.
Following Old question paper for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 3rd year is an example of model question paper. This model question paper of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is of 60 marks. There are 9 questions being asking but you have to attempt any 5 of them and each of the questions in this B.Sc Computer Science question paper carries 12 marks. The maximum time allowed to finish this Diploma in Mechanical Engineering model question paper is 3 hours.
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING,
SEMESTER –V, YEAR-3
POWER PLANT ENGINEERING
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. With the help of a neat diagram, discuss a non- condensing and a condensing steam power plant.
- 2. With the help of a neat diagram , explain the working of the following high pressure boilers:
- La-Mont Boiler
- Benson Boiler
- Leoffler Boiler
- Velox Boiler
- 3. Discuss the various methods of reducing the speed of the turbine shaft. Enumerate the advantages of steam turbine over a steam engine.
- 4. Discuss the following three methods for studying the performance of a steam turbine:
- Various efficiencies
- Heat rate
- Willan’s line.
- 5. Contrast the two methods of disposal of the feed water heater drains.
- 6. What is the principle of an electrostatic precipitator? With the help of a neat diagram, explain an electrostatic precipitator.
- 7. What us a moderator? Name common moderators and discuss their advantages and limitations.
- 8. In a engine working on the Otto cycle, the measured suction temperature was 100 o C and the temperature at the end of compression was 300 o C. Taking k for compression as 1.41, find the idea efficiency and the compression ratio.
- 9. Discuss the effect of the various thermodynamic variables on the thermal efficiency of a simple open cycle gas turbine plant.
Note: Above Sample Paper for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for 3rd year has been prepared by reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether your university has same or similar question pattern. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with text books, professor’s note & syllabus. Wish you a very good luck for your upcoming examination for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for 3rd year