Sample Paper for M.Sc Bio-Tech 1st Year for Principles of Drug Designing
M.SC BIO-TECHNOLOGY, SEMESTER III-YEAR-2
PRINCIPLES OF DRUG DESIGNING
Time: 3 hrs Max Marks: 60
- Attempt all questions.
- Each question carries 20 marks.
- Attempt any TWO questions.
- What are the various steps involved in Drug Development?
- What are different approaches of drug designing
- What is Molecular Modeling elucidate its benefits in drug designing?
- 2. Write short notes on any TWO of the following.
i. Describe the role of enzymes in drug targeting.
ii.Explain the concept of Pro-drug.
iii.Describe various visualization tools.
- 3. Write short notes on any FOUR of the following.
- i. Molecular Dynamics
- ii. Computational drug design
- iii. Ligand-receptor interactions
- iv. X-ray crystallography
- v. NMR
4. Explain various vital probabilistic models be used for drug design.
5. Describe CADD in detail.
6. What are the differences between Monte Carlo & Molecular Dynamics methods?
7. What is Homology Modeling? Explain with help of examples.
8. Explain various methods of protein structure prediction.
9. What are the various constraints involved in in silico Drug Design?
Note: Above Sample Paper for Sample Paper for M.Sc Bio-Tech 1st Year for Principles of Drug Designing has been prepared after reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether same or similar question papers pattern does your university has or not. We are just trying to help you by providing the possibilities. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with textbooks, teacher’s notes and the syllabus for better preparation of your coming examination.