Sample Paper for M.Sc Biotechnology 1st year of Immunology
M. SC BIOTECHNOLOGY, SEMESTER – II, YEAR-1
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. What is molecular mimicry? Indicate its immunological significance with suitable example.
- 2. What is inflammation? Describe the clinical symptoms and the physiological processes involved with the process.
- 3. All Immunogens are antigens but not all antigens are immunogens discuss? What factors determine immunodeficient?
- 4. Define Antigen? Explain immunological properties of antigen? Explain the functions of macro-phages in various tissues?
- 5. The function of the immune system is to destroy or eliminate the foreign antigen containing viruses or bacteria or parasite with out destroying the self-cells how can this statement be justified?
- 6. Why MHC Class II deficiency patients have the following abnormalities?
- i. Lack of CD4 (Th) cells
- ii. Low level of immunoglobulins in the blood
- 7. What do you understand by the term Hypersensitivity? Explain different classes of it?
- 8. Allergic rhinitis and asthma are often found associated with eosinophilia? Give reason.
- 9. Attempt any eight questions
a) Give the significance of Western Blotting as immunotechnique?
b) How does IgG differ from IgM?
c) What do you understand from the term opsonization?
d) Explain why following statement is false:
Pluripotent stem cell is one of the most abundant cell types in the bone marrow.
e) How does Graft rejection differ from host rejection?
f) Add a note of Iso-antibodies.
g) What are the different modes of by non-specific host defenses? Explain any one?
h) Give the structure of Ig G.
i) Discuss the ABO system of blood group?
j) What are the reasons responsible for autoimmunity?
Note: Above sample paper of M.Sc Biotechnology 1st year of Immunology has been prepared after reviewing few universities sample papers. We are not sure whether same or similar question papers pattern does your university has or not. We are just trying to help you by providing the possibilities. We always suggest you to go thoroughly with textbooks, teacher’s notes and the syllabus for better preparation of your coming examination.
All the Best!!