Sample Paper for MA English First (1st) Year – Basic Aspects of Language
MASTER OF ARTS (ENGLISH), YEAR-I
BASIC ASPECTS OF LANGUAGE
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
Q.1 What are the distinctive characteristics of human language? Describe those characteristics which are totally absent in other animal system of communication.
Q.2 What is the difference between the Generativists and the Structuralists? In what ways have the Generativists made advancements over Structure?
Q.3 Give a brief history of phonetics.
Q.4 “English has several different classes of scop-bearing elements”. What are these? Explain with examples.
Q.5 What is polysemy? How will you differentiate between Polysemic and Homonymous? Give example.
Q.6 Describe in detail the process of standardization of a language. Give examples from the English language.
Q.7 Trace the development structuralism in linguistics.
Q.8 Give an account on American English.
Q.9 What are the factors which influenced English spelling through the ages? Give two examples.
- You can save above sample paper of MA English- Basic Aspects of Language for future use.
- The above sample question paper is for MA English- Basic Aspects of Language 1stYear students which we have prepared after reviewing few universities questions papers.
- The above sample paper does not ensure that you will get the same or similar question paper in the exam of MA English- Basic Aspects of Language; this is just a paper of possible question.
- It is better to prepare completely your syllabus, book and notes provided by teacher.
Good Luck for Your coming exam of MA English- Basic Aspects of Language.