Sample Paper for PG Diploma in Computer Application 1st Year Inside the Computer
TERM END EXAMINATION
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER APPLICATION
INSIDE THE PC
Time: 3 Hours Total Marks: 60
- 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
- 2. Each question carries equal marks
- Discuss different methods of disk system fault tolerance.
- If you are asked to install a computer what are the various power connectors you will use. Describe the various power connectors.
- Distinguish the popular CPU chips in terms of their basic characteristics.
- What is a motherboard? List the various components found on a motherboard.
- What are Adapter cards? How do you Identify Adapter cards on your PC. Describe the common Adapter cards.
- What are Peripheral ports? Describe the various ports on your system.
- What are USB ports, why and where do we use them?
- Write short notes on the following (Any Two)
- 1. Convert 235 to Hexadecimal Number
- 2. What is Octal Number, method of converting into Decimal
- 3. Difference between Computer Organization & Architecture
- Write short notes on the following;
- Printer Technology
- Disk Drive Storage
- Motherboard architecture