Sample Paper for PG Diploma in Management 1st year Computer Application in Management
TERM END EXAMINATIONS
PG DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT, SEMESTER/YEAR- I
COMPUTER APPLICATION IN MANAGEMENT
Duration -3 Hours Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any FIVE questions.
2. All questions carry equal marks.
- 1. Explain the steps to create a title slide. How to create a slide show with time delay and user input?
- 2. What are the utilities available in MS outlook for E-mails? Comment on it. What is the role of computers in Engineering?
- 3. Which component of a computer is generally called ‘brain’ of computer and Why? Describe the functions of the distinct parts of this component.
- 4. Define the terms hardware and software. Describe the functions of the various basic flowcharting symbols.
- 5. Explain the Concept of Multi Tasking. List some of the Technical features of Microsoft Windows NT.
- 6. What is query by example (QBE)? How does it make the job of querying a database simpler?
- 7. Write short note on:
a) Microwave system;
b) Coaxial cable; and
- 8. Who actually controls the internet? What are the advantages and disadvantages of Internet?
- 9. State whether the following statement True (T) or False (F) :
- MS-Word has the facility of Macros.
- Mouse setting can be changed from control panel.
- Print preview option is in edit menu
- In MS-Word a table consists of rows and columns.
- Using the Edit option you can switch over from Normal mod to outline mode.
- The tool bar allows you to format the vertical alignment to text.
- Mail merge option is in table menu.
- Del key removes the one character form the left position. A byte is equal to 8 bits.