TERM END EXAMINATION
MASTER’S IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE, YEAR-1
INFORMATION PROCESSING AND RETRIEVAL
Duration -3 Hrs Max Marks: 60
Note: 1. Attempt any five questions.
2. All question carry equal marks.
1. Explain the role of intellectual organization of information in the context of IR systems. Discuss the issues to be considered for intellectual organization in relation to search aspects of information.
2. Describe the salient features of Library of Congress List of Subject Headings, with examples.
3. Discuss the processes involved in subject indexing and problems associated with it.
4. Discuss the principles on which PRECIS indexing system are based. Describe the various formats of PRECIS and the mechanism of their generation.
5. Explain the concept of Web indexing. Discuss the various issues and prerequisites involved in it.
6. Describe ISBD (ER) with examples
7. Describe the purpose and content of Field 856 in MARC 21.
8. Discuss he characteristics of Web information retrieval.
9. Write short notes
a) Thesaurofacet and Chasseurs
b) Automatic indexing
- You can save above MA Library Science Sample Paper for future use.
- We have prepared above sample paper for MA Library Science 1st Year students after reviewing few universities sample papers.
- We do not ensure you that same question will come in your exam we are just trying to figure out the possibilities.
- We encourage you to learn your syllabus, books and teachers concepts thoroughly for better marks in the MA Exam.
Wish you all the best for coming MA Exam…………